The Associate of Science degree at Lakeland provides students with a broad foundation in the liberal arts and sciences. Ideal degree for students who are hoping to continue to Columbia College of Nursing for a bachelor’s degree in nursing, this degree is also open to students who may need to complete a Lakeland Bachelor of Science degree in stages. By completing this curriculum, students will have gained a strong foundation in the life sciences that is balanced by exposure to a variety of disciplines in the liberal arts. Students completing the Associate of Science degree have also completed many of the Interdisciplinary Studies requirements of Lakeland’s Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees.
Students who have successfully completed an A.S. from Lakeland University should be able to:
- Identify, explain and apply core principles in biology and chemistry.
- Perform mathematical and statistical functions appropriate to the sciences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of multiple academic disciplines.
- Communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Evaluate different types of information.
- Examine problem(s) from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Make decisions in an evidence-based fashion.