2015-2016 Traditional Undergraduate Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2015-2016 Traditional Undergraduate Academic Catalog
P.O. Box 359
Sheboygan, WI 53082-0359
Office of Admissions
Office of the Registrar
As the official academic catalog of Lakeland College, this publication lists all courses and programs in the traditional undergraduate curriculum, graduation requirements, and academic and financial policies effective as of the beginning of the fall term.
The provisions of this catalog are to be considered a guide and not an irrevocable contract between the student and the college. The college reserves the right to make changes that are necessary or desirable, including course and program and policy modifications and/or deletions.
Contingent upon continuous enrollment, a student will be allowed to complete any degree program offered by Lakeland College on the date of his/her first enrollment in the college, providing no substantive curricular changes have been made during the student’s period of attendance. Students who have left the college and are eligible to return are required to follow the degree requirements in place at the point of their return. The college reserves the right to ask students to withdraw for cause at any time.
This catalog is supplemented by the following official publications of the college:
- The Traditional Undergraduate Schedule of Courses, available online prior to the opening of each term, contains all current information about class scheduling and a listing of all courses to be offered in that term.
- The Student Handbook, revised each summer and available online to traditional undergraduate program students each fall, contains additional information about campus life, including activities, services, policies and regulations, and the various offices through which they are administered.
- The William R. Kellett School Academic Catalog, published online and revised as needed, contains all policies and practices that are unique to the academic programs offered through the William R. Kellett School.
- The William R. Kellett School Graduate Programs Schedule of Courses, available online prior to the beginning of each term, contains current information about course offerings in each program for the upcoming term.
- The William R. Kellett School Undergraduate Programs Schedule of Courses, available online prior to the beginning of each term, contains current information about course offerings in each program for the upcoming term.
- International Program Catalog Supplements, published and revised as needed, contain policies and practices that are unique to the Lakeland programs intended primarily for international students.
- Lakeland College Japan Academic Information Booklet, published and revised as needed, contains policies and practices that are unique to Lakeland College’s program in Japan. It is printed in English and Japanese.
Lakeland College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Lakeland holds membership in the following national and state higher education organizations: the American Council on Education, the College Board, the Council of Independent Colleges, the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, the Association of American Colleges and Universities in Japan, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the American Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers, the Wisconsin Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, and the National Association of College and University Business Officers. Lakeland’s program in teacher education is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
The online version of the Lakeland College catalog serves as the official version of the college catalog. While printed versions may be distributed for informational purposes, or excerpts of the catalog may be provided on web pages, in the case of any discrepancies, the online version of the college catalog shall supersede any portion of a printed copy or web page containing excerpted policies.