Sep 29, 2020
Students who have successfully completed an A.A. from Lakeland University should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of multiple academic disciplines.
- Write clear, coherent, and correct prose.
- Perform basic mathematical and statistical functions.
- Examine problem(s) from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
Degree Requirements (60 semester hours)
A maximum of 3 semester hours may be used towards degree total.
Rhetorical and Critical Thinking Skills
One of the following:
It is recommended that students take both and count one of these courses toward the electives.
Complete at least three semester hours of coursework within any seven of the following eight categories. Although listed course prerequisites still apply, all courses with the parenthetical program designations are acceptable unless specifically excluded below:
- Art, Music, Theatre (ART, GDN, MUS, THE)
- History and Political Science (HIS, POL)
- Literature and Writing (ENG, WRT) - (Excluded courses: ENG 230; WRT 211; WRT 212)
- Mathematics (MAT) - (Excluded courses: MAT 130; MAT 150)
- Natural Sciences (BIO, CHM, PHY)
- Philosophy and Religion (PHI, REL)
- Social Sciences (ANT, CRJ, DVS, ECN, PSY, SOC)
- World Languages (CHI, GER, JPS, SPA)
Students may complete any combination of additional elective coursework to reach the minimum of 60 semester hours required for the Associate Degree.
- 0 semester hours in Fundamental Skills = 22-24 semester hours of electives
- 2 semester hours in Fundamental Skills = 20-22 semester hours of electives
- 3 semester hours in Fundamental Skills = 19-21 semester hours of electives
Note: A minimum of 15 semester hours must be earned through Lakeland University. Of the last 15 semester hours credited towards the degree, 12 semester hours must be earned through Lakeland University.